Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Making the Most of a Rainy Day

Woke up to rain this morning.  Which makes me very happy that I packed these babies. Yup, wore them most of the day. Would've made my kids and husband proud to be with me.

Started the day at the lodge to get some hot coffee and found this.  What a gorgeous fireplace.  I could sit here for hours.  I'd like one in my next house just like this.  Please note that white lights and pine trees are lit and festive any time of the year.

Notes from the Bible teaching today:

"We condemn sin outside the church but allow sin inside the church. This is why we've lost our witness in the world."  That's a hard truth.

"When God is silent it's a sign that He's trusting you with a bigger vision of Himself that He's about to reveal."  That's motivating!

Good reminders that God is powerful.  All powerful.  He is at work.  He is working out His plan for the world and for us.

The girls and I took it easy this afternoon since it was damp and rainy and cool.  I finished the first book I brought and am eager to get to the next.

When it started clearing up a bit before dinner, I walked around the campground and took some photos of my favorite spots.  It was sweet to see all the kids riding their bikes and playing.  I reminisced about all the summers our kids have been here doing the same things.  Made me a little sad, but ultimately very grateful that this place is part of their stories.

Love these tall pines.  Enjoy.


Then it was time to head over to the Island with dinner for Benny.  I got two cheeseburgers and fries (they were mediocre at best).  I was waiting on the dock for the 6:00 boat when it began to pour.  So it was a wet ride over.  Just going to be that kind of day, I guess.

Tonight we hung out in the boat house and played cards.  He won.  I don't like losing very much.  But I like him so it was ok.


Tomorrow the girls leave me.  What will I do then?  Stay tuned.....

No comments: