Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beach Day and a Dinner Date

This is my home for the week.  It's a small but cute cabin. 

And here's a favorite perk.  If you buy the campground mug you get free coffee all week.  They even deliver it to your cabin first thing in the morning. Works for me!

Every morning we have two Bible sessions. I really enjoyed the first speaker especially.  Here are a few goodies from what he taught.

When Christ returns, all that will matter will be were we good and faithful servants?  A servant does the will of another.  Bottom line - we are not here to do what we want, but to do the will of the Father.

In salvation I am regenerated.  In regeneration, God transforms my heart.  Ez. 36:26,27

When I understand God's grace, it teaches me to deny sin and it energizes me to live a new life.

Deny ungodliness everywhere in your life.

The fruit of the Spirit is a personality transplant.  Christ's for mine.  **The more I love Him, the more I surrender to Him.

Sanctification is a behavior modification process.  It should be longterm change.  People should see us changing throughout our whole life and remark about it.  (ex.  You are kinder than you used to be.  You are more generous than you used to be.)  Always changing for the better.  See ** above.

I should have an increased frequency in my response to God (obedience) and a decreased frequency of living the way I was before He came into my life.

Say the following statements aloud when you need a reminder.

God said all my sins are gone.
I am white as snow in His sight.
God has forgotten all my sins.
Jesus will never condemn me for my sins.

I couldn't get out of that meeting fast enough to get alone and pray.  The first thing I said was, "Lord, there is no end to how much I need you.  And there's no end to how you can meet my needs."  Truly, as it says in 1Peter, He has given us everything we need for life and godliness.  Now we just have to do it.

After lunch, the girls and I headed to the beach.  You can see it was the perfect day for it.


Ben can't leave the Island since it's the last week of camp, so we've struck up a plan.  I come over at 6pm and bring him dinner.  Today's choice - the best pizza ever.



The bears add a nice Adirondack touch, I think.

Next stop - boat dock.  I was met by this stylish dude.

 and then we feasted.  And it was soooo good.

We sat in two big Adirondack chairs overlooking the basketball court and the lake and spent a few hours talking about his summer experience and the books he's read.  I love this kid.  And then we walked back down to the dock, his arm around me all the way and he said, "I'm glad you're here."  I said, "What are we doing tomorrow?"  He shrugged and said he didn't care.  I said, "Same time, different food?"  He laughed.

It's a date. 

No comments: