Thursday, November 14, 2013

___ Many Days Til _______ .....I'm Counting Down

I'm feeling a little silly tonight and I have no idea why. Maybe it's because I have spent the last four days engaged in physical activity for at least six hours per day and I'm exhausted. 

Or maybe it's because it's holiday time and that makes me just plain giddy.

So how about blogging what's on my mind?  The thing about blogging is that sometimes it can be to the reader so meaningful and sometimes downright not-so-much.  This may fall into the 2nd category.  I hope you laugh at least once.  I hope maybe you get a good idea.  I hope it makes you look forward to something important to you.  If none of it inspires you, you can just pray for my family - those who have to live with me.  You'll understand why as you read on.

Awhile ago, I wrote a post about counting.  Countdowns to be exact.  I think I must have written that during a silly mood as well.  Anyway, if you are totally bored, have nothing better to do with your time and want to read it for some background on where I'm headed - click here. If not, proceed with caution.

Today is Thursday, November 14.  Precisely two weeks until Thanksgiving.  Which brings me to lots of other countdowns like....
  • 12 days until this kid comes home for Thanksgiving
and
  • 13 days until this one arrives.
Our family will sit around a large table full of food and give thanks for how good God is.  Mmmmm.
  • and...2 weeks from tomorrow.....I will break out this all-time favorite Christmas CD (and the rest of my collection).  I.LOVE.THIS.CD.  I blare it all through the house first thing to wake up the rest of the family so we can get on with our Christmasing (yes, it is a word...haven't you heard Merry Christmas, Darling by Karen Carpenter?).  Then we listen to it about 8 times before I put a different one on.  They love it.  Just ask them.  Better yet, maybe you shouldn't.
A little rabbit trail....if you'd like to take a look at my list of Top Ten Christmas CDs. (do it) You can click here.  I think I might change #10 from 4 Him to Rod Stewart's Merry Christmas Baby, which I received as a gift last year.  I know it's an odd choice for me, but I dig his voice, ok?  No judging, it's Christmas.

Back to the countdown.

What else happens 2 weeks from tomorrow?
We put this tree up.  Plus a few more.  Who knows how many, but more than one that's for sure.

We also bring out my favorite collection....nativities
Because this is the reason for which we celebrate.  It's more than a big deal to me.

There's more....
  • December 1 - I get to crack open THIS book.  Advent devotionals - one of my most favorite things.  I can't wait to have this in my hot little hands on the first and every day of December. 

  • December 8 - Ben comes home for Christmas until January 2.  Bonus - I have him to myself for two weeks (at least during school hours).
Maybe it will be like this when he always wanted to sit really close to me.  I could read him Christmas stories like in the old days. Everyday.
  • December 20 - The beginning of Ally's two weeks off school. We will make cookies!
ALSO on
  • December 20
Drew's home until January 12.  AND he's bringing this cutie, his fiancee, home for a few days.  We will jam pack those days with fun, baking, watching Christmas movies and giving Brittany some time to get to know the rest of our family (while she still has an out - just kidding, sort of.).

The countdown stops there, because from this point forward, I will want time to slow way, way, way down and go as slow as possible so I can soak up all the time I can get with 5 (+1) HOME.  Yesssss!
What are you counting down to or for?

No comments: