Thursday, February 2, 2012

And She's Off...

Yesterday she said goodbye -with some tears and lots of hugs- to the familiar, her school and her friends.  Today is the first day in her new school.  She doesn't look nervous in this picture, but she was.  After a pep talk and prayer with Dad and me, I took her off to school. (Which by the way is roughly 2 minutes from our house - unlike FHS which was 25 min!)  When we arrived, there were 4 smiley girls waiting for her (the Welcome Wagon).  They whisked her away before I could hug and kiss her in public.

I walked to the car and one word came to mind.  Surrender.  The Christian life is full of opportunities to surrender.  Then came my tears....few and brief.  Not tears of fear or nervousness, but tears of peace and even excitement.  Surrender is not difficult when one knows to Whom she is surrendering.  Jesus is good.  Jesus is loving.  Jesus has promised to be with Ally and with me always, everywhere we go.  He is trustworthy.  I have no reason to fear or be nervous.  This is all part of the story He's writing in our lives and I'm thankful today that these lives rest in His faithful Hands.  And I'm joyfully looking forward to this new season for us and so very grateful for all the friends and moms who've pledged to pray for our girl today.  Love, love, love "the church".

"He will never leave you or forsake you."  Hebrews 13.5

PS - the picture is for those of you (and there were many) who wanted to know what she would wear the 1st day!  Not khakis and a polo, that's for sure :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey!! You are back! So glad! Ally is gonna do awesome because she has the support of her awesome family and is in the hand of her awesome God! Can't wait to hear how the first day went!! ~a