Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thank God for Little Girls...We've Got a Birthday in the House!

They say a baby changes everything.  All I wanted was a little girl that I could dress up in cute clothes and buy accessories for.....but we got so much more!!  Our family began to grow with two little boys, but we knew we wanted some pink too.  First she was bald, then her hair was curly, now she wants it straight. We've stepped on barrettes, ponies and nail polish all over the house...now makeup?  As I consider ages 4 to 12, I wonder how we survived. We were sure one of us wouldn't.  Have your heard the terms "strong willed child" and "drama queen"?  Phew. Those years were rough, but God answers prayers of desperate, out-of-strategies parents and now she is a great joy! So grateful He knew what He was doing in pairing us up even when we weren't so sure.  Our baby - our only girl - is 15 today.

Looking back through photos to post for you today to celebrate her life, so many memories came flooding back. It sure has been a ride. She's given us a run for our money that's for sure. But she's also brought the fun.....and random tears for no reason (the boys just don't get this)...to our family. Girls!! See for yourself.
See what I mean about dressing her up?


She's always looking for the next fun thing to do!
Blues Clues was all the rage!
She always knew how to comfort herself.  Saw this look all day long....everyday!
Take a look at that face.....she was a handful....or 2 or 3!
But oh so cute when she wanted to be
Eating out...always a favorite... SONIC anyone?
Always the Daddy's girl
She has lots of love to give
and brings the party wherever she goes
Now she looks so grown up...what on earth happened to our little girl?






How can one not worship as we consider Psalm 139:13-16 - birthday verses - "For you created me in my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I'm fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful.  I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."?

Today Scott and I thank God for allowing us to be a part of Ally Burtis's life and we celebrate God's plan for her and pray that she completes the good works and purpose God has created for her to do in her generation.

1 comment:

Heather said...

LOVE! so gladi get to know your awesome lady!