Wednesday, October 15, 2008

O Happy Day

Sunday was awesome. I love going to church. This last week was an especially meaningful day. And it had pretty much nothing to do with what was going on in the service - at least up on the stage. I hope it's ok to write that.

Before entering the sanctuary, I was busting with pride (the good kind) as I heard what my daughter had been up to. Without any prompting for me or others, she got the lesson material for the class of the young girl she works with one-on-one and made copies to be prepared in case they needed her in that class on Sunday. And they did! She was ready. So responsible. Not only that, but previously, she had helped make the coffee for the main foyer as well. She was shining for sure.

During "big church", both of my boys sat with me. One on either side. This is very rare, because they are usually working for their Dad running sound or screens for the service. What I noticed as we sat there and worshipped together was how close they sat to me. OK, I'm sorry if this sounds queer, but I was loving it. They were so close I would have been claustrophobic if that bothered me. But it didn't. I was actually thinking - how much longer will this happen? I believe these days are slipping by so quickly since one is 16 and one is 13. So I just praised God and was living in the moment. Hoping there would still be many more of these experiences in the future - or at least a few.

It made my day. A loving family. All in church together on the Lord's Day. He is good!

No comments: