Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God....


Ok, so that can be a hokey, church-y kind of song. But I've been thinking about it a lot as I reflect on how I've been blessed this past week.

It's not enough that I feel as though I have my own personal medical team - you know who you are - GS, DZ, MJM and DB, but so many others have wowed this family.

Surgery was Tuesday and the Family of God kicked in. You name it - we received it! (look at my kitchen table and see for yourself.) We are all overwhelmed. Talk about feeling the love - we are swimming in it and so blessed.

It's not fun or our desire to be "needy", but I wonder if these seasons are a gift from God to us to show us that we matter to others and are loved. And that our friends and family can shine for God in the way they take care of us.

So I just want to say thank you to all of you who have extended an effort to bless or take care of us in any way. And for all of you who offered and we turned you down!! And for those of you who shared your stories of your similar experience. It gives me a chance to share one of my favorite passages of Scripture on your behalf.

"You will be made rich in every way so that you (family of God, dear family and friends of ours) can be generous on every occasion, and through us (Burtis family) your generosity (love, care concern, prayers) will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service (offers of help, hospital visits, taking care of kids, bringing meals, leading Bible study, making life easier for Scott) by which you have proved yourselves, men (Burtis family) will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the Gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else." 1 Cor. 9:11 - 13

I praise God for each of you!!! Way to live out the Scriptures! Our family humbly thanks you and is singing God's praises w/your names attached. Truly the Family of God is a gift from Him as he never intended us to live life alone and uses others to provide for our needs.

Now that I'm feeling better - I prayed this morning that God would direct me to someone I could bless the same way. See - you're contagious!!

No comments: