Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Kind of Love I'm Looking For

How are you feeling today, my friend? 

I wonder if you find yourself in the camp of not being a real fan of today's Hallmark Holiday.  Does it magnify what you might conisder lack or longing in your life?  It can be harsh to stomach how those in love gush their giddyness.  You wonder when it's your turn.

Well, that's why I'm writing to you today. Today's the day.  It's your turn right now.  Here's the good news:

There is only one Love that is lasting.

Only one Love that never fails.

Only one Love that is eternal.

Only one Love that forgives.

Only one Love that forgets.

Only one Love that is unconditional.

Only one Love that satisfies fully.

Surely you know that man and woman love fails.  Remember that.

It is situational.

It is conditional.

It is fickle.

It is imperfect. 

It only fulfills to a point.

So here's your gift.  The real gift of Love.....Jesus, Lover of your soul.  

Don't minimize or dismiss it because you can't "see" Him.

He sees YOU.  He loves YOU.  He wants YOU.  He gave His life for you.  He forgives you.  He will never turn away from YOU.  He will always wait for YOU.  He will never leave YOU.

He is positioned before you with open arms, kind eyes, and a child-like 'I-love-you-so-much-I-can't-wait-to-show-you" kind of grin.  Maybe He's wearing red.

Receive the gift today that has your name on it. 


I wanted to type out a few "love" verses from the Bible for you but it's impossible!  I looked in the back of my Bible to find just the right one(s).  How can I choose?  I think it's best if you see for yourself.   If you're lonely today or wanting or wondering if what you've already read is true and for you....find a Bible, turn to the back (concordance) and look up Love.  You'll soon see that Love is the main theme of God's Book.  The story He is writing for all mankind.  For you and for me.  I hope it makes you smile.  You aren't the only one longing.  I'm right there with you.  We all are if we're honest.

In fact, I'm so tickled pink with this list that I plan to spend some minutes today soaking these words in right along with you. 

Take that, Valentine's Day.  And take this too - we get to celebrate and lose ourselves in this Love everyday of the year!  Not just this one. 

May I add one more thought?  Don't wait around today to be shown love, human love, today...instead spend your energy pouring out the love inside that you have for others. Giving is always more rewarding.

Girlfriend, Be Loved today and everyday!

No comments: