Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Part 2 - The Reception

I caught Ally reading yesterday's blog post about the wedding.  I asked her if it was ok.  She said and I quote, "It's good but for the reception post just put pictures and hardly any words.  People just want to see the pics."

Alrighty then.

I will do my best.  More pictures than words.  And just to prove I can set aside my Type A/controlling personality, I may not even place them in any order.  Take that!  (We'll see how it goes)  Anyway.....here's the party after the wedding.

Friends since they were little
Coopers and Burtis's all grown up

 A beautiful thank you note at each plate.  I loved this so much.
That's the heart of my daughter-in-law right there.
Best man speech by Ben - with a little sass
First dance


Britt's brother Forrest - man dance
Britt's sister Sierra
Some of the parents of the kids in pics above
Zach, our photographer and his mom
Girls just want to have fun!
We left it all on the dance floor (you notice that someone's missing?  yeah, Scott B didn't leave anything on the dance floor)
Everyone's trying to figure out how Ben Burtis learned to dance. 
 Couldn't be at WOL could it?  He owned the dance floor.
Candy bar for favors - or for killing time between wedding and the newlywed's arrival at reception.  Interesting fact - there was no chocolate candy leftover, just mints and gum.

I think there was some tickling going on here


Not nearly as much enthusiasm as say.....from the girls.....why is that?

What you don't see is the two bridesmaids who wrestled to the ground for that bouquet
new wallpaper on my phone - compliments of these three
One of my most favorite moments.  There may or may not have been a tear or 1,000 shed


Now I shall attempt videos.  If they work, be impressed with my tech-savvyness - I tried to figure it out without Scott's help.  If they don't, be kind - I'm a newbie.  Just click on the highlighted phrases.

Mother/Son Dance part 1  (the dance itself is kind of boring, but the words to the song are so good - tissue alert!)

Mother/Son Dance part 2 (my lovely videographer didn't know we tacked on the chorus of another tear jerker - note the family involvement at the end)


Best man speech by Ben B (a short portion of)

Ally's song from wedding ceremony (this is the same clip from yesterday's post, but I didn't know how to post videos then)
bridal party escapades

opening gifts the day after with parents before heading off to the airport - we were all overwhelmed with the generosity of the givers
Thanks for making it all the way to the end.  I hope you felt like you were there - because we wish you had been.

No comments: