Tuesday, March 26, 2013

When Everything is Everything

I've spent this entire day reading, praying and studying for an upcoming speaking event where I will tackle the subject of Surrender.  I've stumbled across so many encouraging thoughts.  I just have to share them with someone!  I wonder if this speaks to you....

"When Jesus isn't our everything, our enough, we pursue every other thing that fills.  Just like the rest of the world.  But Jesus says we're not to live like everyone else.  Our lives should be different, marked by fearlessness and bold belief.

Consider His words: "Don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat?  What will we drink?  What will we wear?'  These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need."  (Matt 6:31-33)."*

I.Needed.That.Today.

When He's our everything, we have everything.

Promise me this - never ever doubt His love and care.  I won't either.

P.S. All these promises were solidified by Jesus' finished work on the cross and we get to celebrate that in just a few days!


*Everything  by Mary DeMuth

1 comment:

Kathleen Burch said...

Love the quote from M. DeMuth as well as yours about Him being our everything. I say yes, but then I wonder, we live in such a cupcake world here in the USA, would I respond in the same way if I faced suffering and need EVERDAY like millions in other parts of the world do? I would hope so, but I've (we've) never been tested like that.