Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Silly Side of Easter

As previously posted on my Facebook page, I am a big fan of Easter candy.  Have you noticed how these wonderful treats are only available this time of year....cadbury eggs, malted milk eggs, white chocolate bunnies, different kinds of jellybeans and all sorts of marshmallow eggs?  So good!

Some years back, as the kids aged, I stopped making individual Easter baskets for them.  Not because I'm against Easter baskets, per se, though I do believe it's become quite commercialized and over-the-top as a gift giving holiday.  I stopped just to consolidate.  So what I tend to do now is make one big family basket loaded with our (my) favorite candy.

Last year, I waited until the Saturday before the Big Day, and was astonished to find certain items SOLD OUT.  Unacceptable.  I couldn't risk it this year, so went out shopping today.

You can imagine my delight when in the first store I was greeted with this....

 and then this!!!

 Oh my...where to begin?



 Not tried them yet?  Don't delay - they're better than you might think.


With all those choices....this is what I came home with.  Jealous?  Come on over.  I share, mostly.


No comments: