Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall is Here

Well, good morning! Today, Timberline, the coffee shop I ate in last week on my morning off (Adirondack latte to jog your memory), is closed but Common Grounds, my favorite is open. Go figure! I hope I learn this rhythm soon. I guess as long as one of them is open I'll survive.

Anyway, as you know, the First Day of Fall has come which seems to be most everyone's favorite season. I've even been known to declare it the 'First Day of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year'. Because it is. From now until about mid-February, every day is delightful.

I'm pleased to disclose that decorating the lobby here at Camp falls into my job description. I can hardly stand it. If ever there was a doubt that God prepared a place for us and called us here (which there isn't), this fact would dispel that notion.

Because we are in this together (aka #emptynestadventure) Scott and I grabbed a van and drove south until we found a farm stand. There are not many farm stands in the Adirondacks.

Maybe a larger vehicle would have been prudent.
We crammed mums and pumpkins into every nook and cranny.
Conversation on the way back was limited.  And our arms were scratchy. He didn't complain at all. This man is a good sport.
The next day things started lining up nicely....
And before you know it....


It all came together.

Just a little aside for those of you who see lights and think Christmas....I am a firm believer that white lights in the Adirondacks are accepted year round. Accepted and expected. Can I get an amen?!
All done! Well, until I move my stuff up here and unpack some more goodies.

I was eager to get this done by mid-week because today is a BIG day. We are expecting more than 500 ladies this weekend and 107 of them are very special to me. The NSBC group will be arriving. Our beloved church of 17 years. The women I lived life, served God, and raised kids with will be here. I am so excited. Scott, formerly known as Mr. MOPS and later Mr. Women's Ministry, is too.

Just like old times, he and I get to serve these ladies every day they are here. Well, let's be honest, Scott will do most of the work while I sit with these favorites and talk, talk, talk. I'm sure there will be many pics to come.

For all those asking, and there have been many, yes the leaves are starting to change. 

 In other big news at camp. Ok maybe that's a slight exaggeration.  I took this picture the other night. I showed it to our marketing guy, Brandon, who promptly put it up on the Camp of the Woods Facebook page. The next day he told me it's the most popular picture ever posted! Over 900 likes and 100+shares.

When God shows off people dig it!

It really was spectacular. You should come for a visit. Rest is a requirement here.

Come to me (Jesus), all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take 
my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you 
will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  
Matthew 11:28-30

Rest is important, my friends, it restores the soul. I pray you enjoy some this weekend.

No comments: