Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treating Through the Years

I guess I'm in the mood for reminiscing. I see some of my friends with younger kids have been getting ready for Trick-or-Treating this week.  It's fun to think back to what costumes our little ones have sported over the years.

It seems the older I get (or maybe the older the kids get) I've gotten in the habit of taking less pictures. Or is it that our camera bit the dust in an accidental encounter with the incoming tide at the beach this summer?

So I looked through some of my photo albums last night and look what I found.  I wondered if you'd want to chuckle with me.
I'm sure overalls were "in" then.

It is clear that I never spent too much on a costume.  In fact, I rarely purchased one ever.  I was more like that mom who borrowed from a more creative mom with older kids.
Except this one.  Ben went through a phase where he loved TAZ more than anything and I hit the jackpot with this costume at a garage sale.  Best $5 I'd spent up to that point.  He was so happy...as you can see!
Waldo was one of my favorites for sure.
 Can you spell C-H-E-A-P?  And another year as princess?  That never gets old.
Here you see the ultimate in my thriftiness - the boys were wearing pajamas!
But they were still cute, right?

Brace yourself for our favorite of all time.....







 Can you tell who Ben is?  His duds came straight from the Rescue Mission Thrift Store.  Classic.
One things is for sure...it's days like these that highlight once again how quickly the years pass.  The kids aren't dressing up this year.  Sheesh...only one will be home.  Maybe Scott and I will instead.

1 comment:

Mom D said...

Ha...oh that Ben....who could forget Cramer. He was a dead ringer. Just love the pictures. Where did the time go?
Let's see....put on some high heals, a pretty dress, an apron and go as June Cleaver. What was her husband's name?