Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back to School

Last night was our kickoff night at church. Awana, the Core (student ministry), prayer meeting and women's Bible studies. I was so excited I could barely stand myself. It's been a year since we have taken a Beth Moore study and we were ready! I ordered 20 books even though only 7 people signed up. I love our ladies. True to form - 25 showed up. I gave them a hard time all night, but deep inside I was rejoicing because this is what it's all about. I loved watching them grab their new book and just savor it. Some even smelled it! And so many of these friends hadn't seen each other over the summer much because of vacations, etc. So it really was like a back-to-school night. It was awesome. I was especially blessed because I knew the names of each woman in that room. Most I know their stories and am part of their life in some way. Now THAT is what it's all about!

We are studying Stepping Up - the Psalms of Ascent. I didn't know what to expect, but can tell you I am in all the way. We want adventure and we've been promised it. I previewed the introductory session the other night at home. Scott was pretending to work on his laptop, but I know he was taking in every word. And just like when the Parent Trap, the Sound of Music or Mary Poppins comes on tv everyone in the family was lured to the tv. And we all watched. I'm so thankful for Beth Moore and what her teaching means to me and how it's changed my life. And that my 2 teenage boys as well as my daughter find themselves wandering into the room, sitting down and "getting a word" for themselves! Very cool!

No comments: