Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Really Thankful Today....

Today I'm thinking about prayer.  Prayer words. Not just the me and God alone kind of prayer - which I love - but this:  As I continue jotting items in my gifts journal, one seems to show up frequently...."________ is praying for me/us."

You see, I've heard the following phrases repeatedly lately from many, many different people. "I'm praying for you" and especially, "We haven't stopped praying for you". Sometimes I'm even surprised by who says it.  It's humbling and delightful.

They may rapidly be becoming my most favorite words. I've certainly heard them before, but I wonder if I've simply said thanks, failing to slow down and appreciate the depth therein.  As I find myself in this needy state for an extended period of time, they've come to mean so much more.

I've given this encouragement to others (many of you) both when asked to pray and when God has put it on my mind.  But if I'm honest, sometimes I pray once, maybe twice and then go right on about my life and may not necessarily continue in prayer  - until the answer comes.

This is probably why the words "We haven't stopped" are the ones that really stand out today.  Being on the receiving end for such a long period now, I will correct this. I see more now in living color how much it matters to know.

If I let my mind wander a bit and picture the face of each one who I know is regularly lifting our family before the Lord in prayer, I cry.  It's so beautiful.  An amazing gift of commitment and encouragement.

Is there any more wonderful way to show love and support to one another than bringing someone into your intimate conversations with the Father?

So I'd just like to thank those of you who have prayed for us once or for those of you who continue to pray.  We want you to know that God is answering your prayers.  We are encouraged.  He is near.  He is providing.  We aren't out yet, but we are blessed.

Thank you for going the distance with us, for us.  You are yet another reason why we love 'the church'.  I'm thanking God for you today!

Now how can I pray for you?  Message me.  I mean it.  :)

3 comments:

Rose Casell said...

Still going here for you--even if I've had to put off that coffee date. :) <3

Heather said...

xoxo

Jane said...

The most meaningful thing for me is when someone actually stops and prays for you right then and there and has heard your needs and brings them to the Lord.