Friday, February 22, 2008

Love for Valentine's Day

This year for Valentine's Day I asked my family to write me "love poems". Words can be so much more meaningful than a gift. Did I just say that? It's true I love a well-thought out gift, but sometimes I just want words. Not only did I get them, but I gave them. Enjoy them below.

From Drew

The Love Poem
Dear Mom,
I have known you ever since I was one,
and back then you were pretty young.
You always put a smile on my face
and in parenting, you are an ace.
I will never stop loving you,
because you have always loved and cared for me.
You were a gift from God to me,
that everyone can really see.

Happy Valentine's Day

From Ben

Roses are red, violets are blue,
I am so lucky to be living with you!
You encourage me when I am blue,
and give me a clue on what is good to do!
And I will always LOVE u!

From Ally

Why I Love You
You're always there when I need you,
like brushing teeth or hair.
You're always looking beautiful
no matter what you wear.
Your ideas that you have are so marvelous to me.

NOW, my poems to the kids

For Drew

Roses are red
Violets are blue
We love you, Drew, our blond boy
Even when you don’t have a clue!

You’re our firstborn, baby number one
You’ve always been so smart
Since the first day that we met you
You’d stolen away our hearts!

Basketball’s your game
You’ve got talent, there’s no doubt
God has given you many gifts
For Him to others – never running out.

For Ben

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Ben, you are our brown boy
Pure chocolate all the way through

You were a crabby baby
But you sure turned out just right
You’ve charmed us and unarmed us
You’re a joy and a delight!

God made you very special
Your life holds a special plan
Don’t doubt His word but trust it
For He is your biggest fan!

For Ally

Roses are read
Violets are blue
Ally, you are our princess
What would we do without you?

You’re our resident drama queen
You sure can give a show
Still, you make us laugh and are so fun
Our favorite girl to know!

God loves you very much
In our family you’re a big part
Keep following His path with all your might
And love Jesus with all your heart!

I'm still thinking about whether to post Scott's and mine to each other!! Stay tuned.

No comments: