Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Walk on the Beach

So now that the days are lengthening and it is not as cold as it should be in January, I decided to go for a walk on the beach after work. Want to see what I saw?

Fresh cold air and a bigger view than from a window makes space in the soul. 

What's that up there? Do you see it too?
I think we need a closer look. 
Yup! Just what I thought. The Camp Christmas tree is still up and on. January 30. I dig. 
It's a sign, I think, that it's totally normal I brought a certain favorite Christmas playlist out there with me to listen to one last time. 

Out here alone one can sing as loud as one wants. One's children aren't there to say things like: "way off, Mom" or "not the right key, Mom" (whatever that means). 

And then I turned around....
The show wasn't over. 
It never is.
Drives home what I read earlier in the week. "I learned long ago that winter will drive you crazy until you get out in it--and I mean 'winter' both literally and metaphorically. In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer."

I am glad I got out in it today. I definitely love winter more literally than metaphorically. What a wonder to know that good or bad God is in every season. 

No comments: